6.14.2009

New Year's Resolution: COMPLETE


12k Sound to Narrows - 2009
Jimmy, Tammy (my sister) and I ran the 12k, James (brother in-law) and my 2 nephews ran the 5k, My niece Chloe ran the "Jr. Shuffle" and Lucas did the "Diaper Dash."

I can speak for Jimmy and I both when I say "WHEW!" We are SO glad that's over. Jimmy really doubted me. He didn't think that I or we could do it. I have been training with my sister, (who is the BEST motivation EVER) but Jimmy has just been way too busy finishing up school to focus on this race. He also gets really bad shin splints. He was really worried going into this. The night before and morning of the race, I made an extra effort to pray for his legs. I really wanted him to complete the race pain free. Well, we taped his shins and completed the race. The first thing he said once he finished was, "these sun glasses aren't for running." His legs didn't bother him AT ALL. I am so proud of him for pushing himself. I knew we were capable - it was just a matter of beating the mental test. I'm not going to lie - It was long and torturous, but we both feel good to have accomplished our goal. Thanks, Tammy for pushing us.

And Lucas - Great Job, buddy! (he didn't move an inch) The horn blew, and all the babies just SAT there. The truth is, he can dash. He just needs an open door to run to. It was pretty cute.

Overall, a successful day!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Lucas is so cute! At least you got great pictures, even if he didn't move. And, great job accomplishing your goal. I really love that race, it is a beautiful run, but does have some hills. Congratulations!

Ladies in Weighting said...

That is awesome - one of my goals once I get back into shape is to run a marathon so you are a great inspiration!! Congrats!

Milissa :)

Emily said...

Way to go. You are awesome!

Kennach said...

Soooo proud of you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails