
Time FLIES. Pretty soon he'll be graduating high school. ;)
Most days I wonder how I got to be so blessed. Lucas has brought our family so much joy. Jimmy and I used to think, "we're not ready for kids" our answer was always, "maybe two years from now." Well, he came and he's here. I think we'll keep him. He made it through the first year, so I think we're doing an ok job as parents. :)
Here is an excerpt from my most recent "Letter to Lucas":
"There are so many people who love you. Not only your family, but members of our church just adore you. My favorite compliment given to you was in a soft whispering voice with much intent. Sister Mackey leaned over to me before Relief Society began and softly said, "Just look at him. His eyes have this sparkle about them. I've never seen anything like it." I couldn't agree more. I thought I was the only one who saw that sparkle. At that moment, there was such a strong feeling that came over me. The feeling was out of this world."
There is something special about this kid that has me wrapped around his little finger.
I just hope that he always has that sweet sparkle.
Happy Birthday, Lucas!
{cake smashing, party - happenin' pictures to come}

Most days I wonder how I got to be so blessed. Lucas has brought our family so much joy. Jimmy and I used to think, "we're not ready for kids" our answer was always, "maybe two years from now." Well, he came and he's here. I think we'll keep him. He made it through the first year, so I think we're doing an ok job as parents. :)
Here is an excerpt from my most recent "Letter to Lucas":
"There are so many people who love you. Not only your family, but members of our church just adore you. My favorite compliment given to you was in a soft whispering voice with much intent. Sister Mackey leaned over to me before Relief Society began and softly said, "Just look at him. His eyes have this sparkle about them. I've never seen anything like it." I couldn't agree more. I thought I was the only one who saw that sparkle. At that moment, there was such a strong feeling that came over me. The feeling was out of this world."
There is something special about this kid that has me wrapped around his little finger.
I just hope that he always has that sweet sparkle.
Happy Birthday, Lucas!
{cake smashing, party - happenin' pictures to come}

No comments:
Post a Comment