9.03.2009

Pacific City, Oregon 2009

Last weekend, as a last minute goodbye summer vacation, 4 of the 6 kids and my parents headed to Pacific City, Oregon. We had a blast. It was nice to see the family that was there and good to reconnect a bit.


It wouldn't be a trip to the beach without Lucas tasting the sand. And that he did...by the fist-full. There was no stopping him. I would grab his hand and tell him no, and he laughed and did it anyway. He chewed and swallowed that grainy, salty sand. {over and over} We lasted maybe 10 minutes and decided we wouldn't come back without a passie to keep him from eating it!
The result of his taste test? A sandblast in his diaper. Yes, he digested it.
These 3 crazy men (will, joe and jimmy) swam in the COLD ocean water.
It was WINDY.
...but we're sure glad we got to have some fun family time together.
We also stopped at the Oregon Zoo which was huge. This baby elephant has the same birthday as Lucas. I'm sure their stats were a little different, though. Thank goodness I didn't give birth to THAT.
The trip was wonderful.
Jimmy's highlight: he golfed with my brothers and Dad.
My highlight: new black pumps bought at the outlet mall. ;)
Lucas' highlight: well, you saw it. the sand.

3 comments:

Marie Tere said...

I was waiting for this....thanks for the update! When my padres told me you were planning a family trip (all of your family, well almost all), I was so excited! I love the bonding with siblings, parents, nieces/nephews...love the memory making.

Love, love the pictures. Where did you stay? I'm always looking for a new travel place :)

P.S. Your camera takes nice pics (or maybe it's the photographer too), what kind is it? I still need one.

Sara said...

We stayed at Kiwanda properties in Pacific City. It was a gated group of rental houses right on the beach. It was pretty nice. The house sleeps 16. It was great for big families. The kitchen area was also huge. It would be perfect for a Canas gathering!

My camera is a Rebel XTi by cannon. (from best buy) There's a newer version out now. I love it and it's a great "learner camera" which I needed. I would love to take a photo editing class in the future. There's so much I don't know.

I always admire your pictures, too!

Thanks for the comment, and I hope the kids enjoyed the first day of school!

Lisa said...

ok the "sandblast in the diaper" phrase cracked me up. too funny!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails