2.05.2010

"Groobs" Origination

It's funny how nicknames get started. It's not like we sat down and thought... we should call him "groobs".
I'm sure I'm not the only one who babbled all these cutesy names at my perfect little newborn when he first came home. Through the babbling mommy voice, out stumbled "mister magoo". After time, (and after Daddy got a hold of it) it evolved into "MacGruber" You might know him from SNL.
It didn't take long before this name said in the same tune as the theme song became annoying and it quickly changed to "groober-doober -or- groober-doobs". Also variations coming from Daddy.

Now, you can see that "groobs" just kind of rolls off the tongue.
Lucas responds to it, but let's just hope that in grade school he doesn't prefer to be called that. :)

I'm sure by then, he'll hate it.

Love you, "groobs!"

3 comments:

Kristy Weaver said...

That is hilarious! I think Dads come up with the best nicknames for their kids. Loni has nicknamed both of the girls: Chuny (chun-ee) for Ellis and Forchella (four-chel-la) for Stella. Go figure.

Marie Tere said...

I love "groobs" and McGruber -- did you see SNL a few weeks ago with Charles Barkely (who I also LOVE)

The Potter Family said...

Ha ha!! Ever since you guys were here, I catch myself saying "groober" in that great scotish accent that jimmy does! lol!! my kids respond to "noodle" who knows where these nick names come from...i just call them whatever!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails