11.07.2010

emotions in the Miller household...

We have had a long week. Thanks to the latest adventures of Lucas. 
He has known how to climb out of the crib for a while now. He just amazingly chose not to. That changed earlier this week. It was a constant battle getting him to STAY in the crib. 
He started waking up in the middle of the night. Remembering his new found freedom, he would climb right out of that thing and proceed to read every book in his room and do every puzzle. At 2am, mind you.
When he would get bored he would come in our room telling us to "up up".
Continual nights of this behavior and lack of naps resulted in major sleep deprivation of ALL parties involved.

One day, during his non-nap I asked him to get me a screw driver. He excitedly did just that - thinking I was going to play bob the builder or something. Out of desperation, I reluctantly began unscrewing his crib. He was enjoying the unscrewing. Until he saw the crib start to come apart. "Mom! NO! No, Mom... Mom, noooo!"
My reaction to his tears? 
Tears. 
In a sobbing form.
We sat there and talked quietly - while crying. 
I told him he should really stop growing. He agreed.

This must have been harder on me. I am realizing that my baby is no longer. He is growing up... and we're closing a chapter. 

The funny thing is, Jimmy called right in the middle of our tear fest.
After telling him the cause of our emotions and about the crib that was now in pieces, he was patient with both of us - he tried explaining it all to Lucas on the phone. After he soaked in all the drama, he replied... "yea - I'll be home late tonight." :) Love you, Jimmy. 

As of now, Lucas is still throwing parties at all hours in his room. It's going to take some time to get used to his big boy bed slash trampoline.  

Here are some recent photos from Maris Farms:



 Come on in, Dad! The water's fine!

2 comments:

Emily said...

It is hard when your baby grows out of a phase....I could not wait...but that is just me. I think it is awesome that you are enjoying each moment with your little one and wanting him to stay little. You are an awesome mom...you inspire me.

Keri said...

I always ask myself how someone so small can always bring me to such overflowing emotions, whether happy or sad. Congratulations on the big boy bed Lucas, hopefully soon you'll be getting the full amount of rest you need. Loved the pictures from the pumpkin patch, Lucas is adorable. The pictures of him with his mom are so sweet, and the picture of Jimmy in the pumpkin cut-out made me die laughing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails