Jim needed me to go to Barnes and Noble today to get him a book for school. I gladly agreed to go because I knew that meant going to the beautiful new Southcenter mall. I got there as soon as it opened and was stopped on my way in by a HUGE "Twilight" display. Now. I can't stand anything "pretend." I stop reading the minute books becomes too imaginary. Attention people: VAMPIRES are imaginary. For this reason, I have had little desire to read the book. Somehow, all of you "twilighters" seem to think vampires are all of the sudden real and in fact a little sexy. I have a client who took the day of the premier off work and told her employer she had to go see "Dr. Cullen."
I casually picked up the book, actually a little scared - hoping not to get bit by anything. (You people have me scared to pick up a book!) I kid you not, with in 5 seconds a womand passed me by and I could feel her looking at me. She circled the next isle, seeming to keep her eyes on me the entire time. After a few minutes of her weird behavior, she approached me. She asked me if I have read the book. I told her no, but have heard it's pretty good. She stopped me in the middle of my sentance and told me, "LOOK- just read it." This coming from someone who just scoped me out as if I were her prey. (The book must have rubbed off on her.) While in the store, 6 other people (ages 13 and beyond) approached me without me asking for advice about the book! They also told me that I needed to go buy some $30 shirt just so I could attend a book signing that will be happening tonight.
I know several cooky twlilighters who have seemed to put their lives on hold until they finish each book. I won't name names, Tammy Shannon Crystal Teresa Ashli Melissa Shirley Lauren Sheena Trisha Andrea. So, for them I will read this book. (not for the creepy lady in the store.)
I will be going on a road trip next week and will read it then. Hopefully after this, I won't be so out of the loop! However, I won't be convinced that vampires are sexy. Wish me luck.
Oh, and I almost forgot to get Jim's book.
7 comments:
Well I have to say, it is a good book. And trust me, i REFUSED to read it for such a long time. I probably had 4-5 good friends/family members trying to get me to read it. But I am totally not into reading anything "unrealistic." After about 3 months of this, I finally caved and agreed to give the first chapter a shot (although i refused to pay for the book. Someone actually bought it for me =)
I am glad i read them, i thought it was a good story and very well written. A little cheezy for me at some parts, but altogether a good story.
I think the obsessed readers who say they fall in love with edward are pretty silly though. It's just a book. Let me know how you like it!
You were finally sucked in...yeah. I you will enjoy the book. It is an easy read, but very addicting. I hope you enjoy it as much as very other person I know does.
HA! Yes, finally!
I put off reading those books forever but then picked it up at target for like $8 and ended up reading the whole series in like a week. It is a very easy read and the story is good - I think you will like it. BTW - your little boy is adorable!
Haha I didn't want to read it either because I didn't want to get into anything but it ended up being good. I don't think Vampires are real and while I did enjoy the read I don't spend a lot of my day fantasizing over them like a lot of people do. We aren't rushing out to see the movie either. There are a lot of parts that get really annoying but it's over all a good bit. It's a good one to help you enjoy getting away from life a bit. That's always nice with a little one. I hope you like it. Don't feel like you have to get wrapped up in them but enjoy them for what they are. Their an interesting twist on age old stories. I think if you keep your expectations even you'll be pleasantly surprised how easy they are to read.
So how did you like the book? Or have you not read it yet? I'm going to go see the movie this weekend but i have pretty low expectations for it.
I know what you mean about being glad you live up on a hill! When Jaime and I were house shopping, that was one of my MANDATORY requirements. NO FLOOD PLAINS!
I DID read the book. It only took 3 days - I had a lot of down time on our road trip. It was good! there are a few things that weirded me out, but I'll live. (Like running fast through the woods, piggyback!) What the heck?! :)
Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I'll have to see the movie soon. I'm halfway through the second book.
Post a Comment