12.22.2008

Stuck in the Snow


This December has been quite interesting for all of us I think! It's been hard to get out and do anything. I feel a little inactive now that church has been cancelled for TWO weeks in a row. It's also a good thing I'm done with my Christmas shopping! The first day we had snow, I thought it was great that I had an unexpected "day in" so I decided to do our Holiday baking. I made 2 batches of 50 sugar cookies each(my favorite) and some other odds and ends. The sad part is, being stuck in the house we haven't made it out to deliver them... and the goodies are just so tempting... well let's just say there isn't much left of them! I finally made them into plates and will deliver them tomorrow. Until then, we are working on our self discipline. :)

Normally we go play in the snow like we're little children. Last year, Jimmy and I loaded up our arms with snowballs and did a "run by" to some neighborhood kids while we were on a walk. (it was kind of mean, but SO funny) We ended up staying out and playing with them for a while. We had to go back and make peace with them. We didn't want our house egged or anything!

This year it has been too cold to take Lucas out, so we have stayed in for the most part. (lucky for the neighbor kids!) It's been nice to have warm toes, but we can't wait until Lucas is old enough to play with us in the snow!

5 comments:

The Owens said...

Oh I know how you are feeling being stuck at home myself! =) I am kinda a home body anyways, but I am a little tired of it now that I HAVE to stay here. Josh can't wait till Jacob can play in the snow!!! It's so cute! Lucas is SOOOO CUTE!!! I love his bright blue eyes! We hope Jacob has Josh's blue eyes (mine are brown). Did your son always have blue eyes or did they start out gray?

The Owens said...

Oh and we are SOOOOOOOOO behind on our Christmas shopping!!! We might have to give our gifts late this year! That's what we get for waiting till the last minute =)

Sara said...

Lucas' eyes are just now getting brighter. They were gray for a while. I've always wanted blue eyes, so I'm glad that Lucas gets them!

Emily said...

Lucas is starting to look like a little boy. He is so cute. I love your coordinating outfits...you all look so darling together. I love how bright his eyes are. He is such a cutie!

I love to play in the snow too...it is such a blast. But I don't have the correct clothing anymore and so I rarely go out in it...I hate to get cold.

The Potter Family said...

I wish my boys had some snow at Christmas! They have no idea about snow! It's freezing here, but either too warm or too cold to snow! Oh well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails