12.05.2008

ZZZzzz...


About a week ago, Jimmy casually asked me, "has Lucas ever slept through the night?" I growled back, "NO." I was 1.) suprised that he would ask me such an obvious question and 2.) MAD because he really had no idea what happens throughout the night. At least one of us gets sleep around here.
I know that Jimmy needs his sleep probably more than I do. He's so busy all of the time and I'm so grateful for all he does for our family. I was just a little taken back by his question.

No more growling from me. I have GREAT NEWS: Lucas finally SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT. 3 Nights ago, I woke up at 5:30am and realized I hadn't seen the whites of Lucas' eyes since 8:30pm. After noticing that, I looked over at the moniter. It was OFF. I know it was on when I went to bed... Anyways, I ran into his room to find him with all the blankets kicked off because he had been crying! How sad is that? I am awful.
After all of the guilt, I thought maybe he might be ready to sleep through the night - even if the previous night was a complete accident! Instead of feeding him when he woke, I just soothed him with his pacifier and he went right back to sleep. The rest is history. Now I have a child who sleeps through the night - in his own room! (knock on wood) This calls for celebration. Party at my house - 8 o'clock! ;)

Jimmy's response: "I knew he could do it!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! You guys are way ahead of us- Olivia didn't sleep through the night till she was atleast 8 months old- partly because of our bad habits of feeding her through the night. But we learned with Ella and she started sleeping through the night at like 1 month- way to go! :) And he is sooo darling

The Potter Family said...

Hey! I think Lucas is looking more and more like Jimmy! He is too cute... Lucas...not Jimmy! Lol! All I did to color my snickerdoodles was put a few drops of food coloring in the sugar and mix it up! Fun fun! The boys did have a great time making the cookies... ooooo you should make me some of your yummy christmas cookies!! I could eat all you could make lol!! I guess you could give me the recipe too tho!

The Potter Family said...

The sugar does get a little clumpy, but only where the drops hit it, it mixes pretty good though. Just keep stirring it. My mom used to do this process all the time! Yeah, I remember at your old apartment when you had the "trim the tree" party, you made some oh so delicious sugar cookies with frosting...**drool** yummy stuff... I'd settle for the recipe...:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails