8.13.2009

one year closer to...

THE END.

What on earth is wrong with me, that I find it necessary to lie awake on the eve of my birthday worrying about DEATH?
I've always thought it to be important to have a will, or something to leave behind when we die. I would hate to live, knowing how much you love your family and friends and then leave, suddenly - not able to tell them how much they mean to you. I know, you're thinking I'm pretty morbid to be talking about such matters. Well, I'm thinking, what the heck? Why can't I just turn 25 without feeling the need to plan my own funeral?
Last night, while Jimmy snored, so romantically, I stayed awake. For the life of me, I could not sleep. In my head, I wrote the sweetest, funniest, saddest obituary/goodbye letter for myself!
I do plan on putting something on paper and making a will because I think it's important, but the truth is, death is not scary. Neither is turning 25. {It's just a Quarter of a CENTURY}
I know that I will see all of my loved ones again someday and that there's no need to fear. There is a plan for all of us. This mortal life is but a minute portion of the eternity we are promised.

I just found it funny. Of all things to lie awake about the night before my birthday. :)

7 comments:

EmmaJaimeLeBlanc said...

You aren't the only one!!! You're not crazy!! haha. I've done the exact same thing....lying in bed, not able to sleep, thinking about the exact same thing. Though it wasn't on my birthday eve. =) But still.....I have yet to put anything on paper either. I thought people would think i was crazy if I ever said stuff like that so I just kept it to myself.
I can't believe I'm 25. It seems like i was just turning 17.

Kennach said...

one...happy birthday!!

two...so laughing really hard right now...you're so funny!

three...will's are great things, not only to leave behind possesions to be to express to people who mean the most to you how you felt about them. I feel like it means a lot more when you die.

four...don't die.

Sara said...

Thanks for relating with me, Emma! after I posted it, I read it and thought, yep - they're all going to think I'm crazy. :)
I thought it was pretty funny.

and Paaga, I'll try not to die!

Kristy Weaver said...

haha...you are so funny. i find myself thinking about death at the most random times. well...i hope you had a good birthday after all of the doom and gloom talk!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! Happy Birthday!

Shannon said...

Please tell me that you didn't cut and color my hair and all my families on your birthday and we had no idea it was your said birthday. I feel like an awful friend! I hope it was great. I have Lucas's blue cup by the way... I'll have to get it to you soon.

Sara said...

no, Shannon - my Birthday was Thursday. :) no worries anyways - it's just another day anymore!

and... I've been searching for that silly cup everywhere! Thanks! We'll get together soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails