I thought I'd never...
- Listen to country music. For some reason it was way too twangy and too banjo-playing, harmonica whistling annoying. My eyes were OPENED when I met Jimmy. I was SHOCKED to see him sing along to Garth Brooks. At first, It made me want to vomit. WHY was this guy singing along to this CRAP? (off tune, I might add) I slowly warmed up to it, and think it's the sweetest thing to see a tough guy sing country. Now, as a Mother, It's one of the only clean things on. It's catchy, and more soothing than other things out there. My heart lies in smooth R&B, but I really have to be careful about the messages the songs relay. I find myself changing the lyrics to be my own, more positive words. :)
- Drive a mini-van. OK, I still haven't, but there's something about those auto-open doors that is so enticing.
- Carry a big purse. Well, I broke that rule once I started doing hair with my duffel bag of a purse I tote around with all my tools. It holds everything. Just don't ask me to find anything in it.
- Push a shopping cart. WHAT? Who SAYS that? I remember telling my Mother this. Seriously? How else am I supposed to carry all my goodies from target? Or two gallons of milk at a time for that matter? Maybe I thought it would "age" me. Quick lesson learned. There might be a premature hunchback if I were to continue on without a shopping cart. Now that's aging.
7 comments:
You're so cute...and I love the haircut! Did you recently get it cut? I have to agree with you on the mini van thing...I never wanted to drive one but with those doors and all that space it is hard to resist!
Aleisa
no new haircut... old photo. Thanks, though!
I was gonna say the same thing about the short hair! It looks good! When you guys were here I was SERIOUSLY considering a minivan like Alisa and Pete rented...2 sliding doors and humungo windows on those doors that rolled down.....whaaaaaa.... then I said... "self...DON'T DO IT!!" lol miss you guys! send me pictures of that little boy of yours!! Paweeeessseeee!
I love this post. I, too am the same for most of those, but here I am, driving a minivan and having a ginormous purse. The minivans are cool these days!
BUT I still do not listen to country. NEVER, I will not give in!
this was such a cute post - i always look forward to your insightful posts. :)
So cute. And, your mom is BEAUTIFUL. Isn't it funny after having kids we realize just how much we are like our moms? I think that is a good thing though.
I just came across this cute post and totally flashed back to your mom driving us to school in her mini van and us singing oldies... LOL The good ol days
Post a Comment