1.14.2010

Gymboree


www.gymboreeclasses.com

If you haven't checked this out, DO. You can sign up online for a Free Trial class. It was just what Lucas needed. He has been dying to romp around and I'm sure he's sick of hearing me tell him "no" to jumping on the couch.

It was so cute to see Lucas walk in for the first time. He went up to each toy, paused... looked up at me and GASPED. He was so amazed and seemed so grateful I was letting him jump, run and play on every toy! They sing, blow bubbles, play with a big parachute and for Lucas, it was pretty close to heaven. They stamped his hand with "GYMBO" the clown at the end of the class and he was so sad when it finally washed off in the bath.

There was only one problem.
TOTALLY FUN, but TOTALLY EXPENSIVE.

Does anyone know anything inexpensive but similar? It was more than the cost of a gym membership for me and Jimmy. I couldn't bring myself to do it. My friend, Amanda mentioned YMCA. Any thoughts or suggestions? We do weekly story time faithfully, but I think we need more. Especially during winter months.

Thanks!

5 comments:

Todd said...

They have a bunch of activities for rugrats at the Kent Commons - http://webreg.ci.kent.wa.us/Activities/Activities.asp?SCheck=1013875219&SDT=40193.3379116551&sectionId=5

-The other Miller

Crystal Lynn said...

I am totally in the same boat! I took my girls to the little gym and they loved it but it costs so much! So let me know if you find a good inexpensive alternative! I know Kent Commons has indoor park, maybe we should check that out sometime. Its only like 2 bucks or something...

Miranda Grantham said...

We went to My gym They have one in kent/covington. It was like 35 bucks a month and they let you do unlimited classes so I would take Caleb like 2-3 times a week. I only stopped when I had Mady.

Stephanie said...

Look into Community Centers. A friend of mine teaches a gymnastics class at the Dumas Bay Centre in Federal Way (where the Knudsen Family Theatre is) and it is once a week for an hour for 6 weeks and costs $35. Much more affordable I am sure; and they have an instructor.

Anonymous said...

Ella would love that! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails