5.21.2010

i really hate this sport.

It's true. Sorry all you die hard M's fans. It's dumb. There is no point. There is way too much standing and not enough action. The only time I enjoy watching is when Jimmy is playing. I have a reason to be there and someone to cheer for. (not to mention the tight pants) teehee.

I am going to tell you a little story which may have something to do with the reason this sport is DUMB.
I was asked to play on a softball team for church. I said no. I was asked again. I said no. I was told if I didn't go, then they wouldn't have enough players. So, being a good friend and team player, I went - HOPING to sit the bench. Hope was all I did, because when I got there, we were still short-handed. This meant that we would have to cover more positions than normal. I was asked to play 3rd AND shortstop. Couldn't they just stick me out in the field where I could catch lady bugs, or count the cars as they drove by? (it would be WAY more fun) Nope. Not too long after the game started, a ball got hit to the general area of "shortstop". Knowing that there was a player headed to third base, I caught the ball at short stop, turned and THREW the ball to the third baseman. If you remember right, the third baseman was also... ME. Don't be too surprised, the player made it home safe. Actually, she could have done cartwheels home as I dug the ball out of the bushes beyond third base.

Even though I dread the sport, I have a feeling that Lucas will make me enjoy the game like Jimmy does. 
Every time Lucas brings his mit to me, I have to make myself grab the ball and toss it to him. After which, he makes a funny (manly) sound effect and catches the ball. In a matter of minutes, I'm in the grass, pitching and hitting with him. He just lights up my life. No matter what awful sport. :) I know I'll be cheering him on. I hope to be at every game of his. I want to be embarrassing him from the stands, yelling the wrong baseball terms.

I can't wait.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Haha, yelling the wrong baseball terms. "Score a point!" "what quarter are we in?"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails