We find out what we're having NEXT WEEK! Had to get that off my chest. Or belly.
I am SO excited. This pregnancy is different in so many ways. Most of all, I'm just too darn busy to stress about things the way I did the first time around. (thanks to Lucas)
I thought I'd try things differently the second time around. Mainly because everything was smooth sailing with Lucas' delivery. I am going with a midwife. So far I have definite pro's and con's. :) I'm very excited to see how things go. I'm still playing basketball and running sprints after a busy 2 year old. (I think that counts as a work out.) So far, so good! Tomorrow Lucas and I get to go listen to a heartbeat and I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but NEXT WEEK, we know the gender!!
I have boy thoughts and girl dreams. Either way I'm totally fine with. As long as SHE keeps her BOWS on.
but seriously. I'm fine with a boy.
ooooh, I can't wait to meet her.
;)
7 comments:
That is so exciting! I can't believe you are that far along already! Your belly is super cute!
Cute picture! I'd love to hear what your pros and cons about a midwife are!
YAY!!! Can't wait to hear! I'm so glad you're doing so good! Congratulations again!!!
Congrats! It has been a long time! Not even sure if you guys know we are having our first! Just a few weeks ahead of you sister! Boy, do we need to catch up!
Lauriel - I have had wonderful relationships with my doctors in the past and have nothing against them. Labor and delivery with Lucas was a 2 hour dream, but I thought my birth plan could have been followed through with a little better if I had more of a "coach" throughout the process.
My decision to go with a midwife excites me more than anything, but when I met the first midwife, I was a little taken back by her extreme beliefs. I don't think doctors should be put down when talked about. I have respect for their knowledge and abilities. She just stereotyped a little bit. I asked my previous doctor a lot about midwives and not once did she ever talk down about their ideas or make them sound less knowledgeable. I also miss having ultrasounds at my ob check-ups. I have to go to another office for ultrasounds. My busy schedule makes it hard to make multiple appoinments. (but that's nothing I can't deal with.)
Here are my PROs. :) I am so excited to have someone with me for longer who can pay more attention to what's going on with my body and who can help talk me through pain. I also like the way they personalize my care and follow through with things that I want. I am excited to go into labor. As painful as it was, I appreciated being able to feel contractions and know what was happening inside. Unfortunately, I was with a nurse last time who knew I was planning on no epidural but kept asking things like "are you ready to relieve some of that pain?" Instead of checking on me and where the baby was in the process. It was like dangling candy in front of a baby. She watched the monitor and I kept thinking... "look at ME!check me! not the monitor!" Not to mention the small talk she was having with my husband. So not only did I have the most pain ever, but I had to fight with myself about turning down RELIEF from my pain. True relief would have been pushing that baby out which is what my body was trying to do. Instead, she called in the Anesthesiologist who then told me to "stop pushing when my body would contract". (I could not control my body at that point! It was pushing and no one was going to stop it!) When the doctor finally came in (she was not my doctor but I ended up loving her) I was so relieved to have someone there to check me and fill me in about what I was going through. Just minutes after my epidural, I pushed out little Lucas. Maybe I just got stuck with a lame nurse. I had no problems with doctors, just wanted to see them more through the process.
Either way, the end result is usually a precious baby. This was just my personal experience and I wouldn't necessarily turn town a dr. or an epidural in the future. I'm just trying for a new approach this time around. I hope that wasn't too loaded of a response. :)
Are you with a midwife? I'm so excited to see your new baby and hear your story! Congrats to you both!!
Katie - We are so thrilled for you guys!! We miss and love you OODLES!! I hope you're feeling well!!
Congrats!! You look darling- I'm probably bigger then you and we just found out I'm pregnant :) You are such an amazing Mom! Congrats again and I can't wait to find out if its a girl or a boy!
What a beautiful picture!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! You're going to have so much fun with two!!
Post a Comment