2.04.2009

2nd First Date

Jimmy and I were LUCKY enough to go on our second "First Date." This is the first time we have gone out with just the two of us since Lucas was born. It kind of happened by accident. We planned on going out to eat with Lucas. We were about to head out the door, when my Dad offered to watch him. SUHWEET!

We went to Suthanya Thai Renaissance Bistro in DesMoines. SO GOOD. I was suprised to see live music and really decent prices. The setting was... kind of...ahem... "romantic". It was a little foreign to us {not so romantic since the baby came} people! ;) The owner played the piano while we ate. It was really nice. The service was wonderful. I think the people lived upstairs - so that was a little weird, but we LOVED it. The best part of it was, it was FREE. {Thanks for the bday gift, Jerm!}

We also fit in a mani/pedi appt. (Yes, Jimmy proudly gets his nails done) We went to the same place that induced my labor the day Lucas came. Their massage chairs rawk! The Vietnamese ladies thought it was so neat that they helped me go into labor.

What more could I ask for?? Nails and Thai food!
Doesn't even compare to our first date! Denny's. Yes, that's right. DENNY'S. It was the only place open, and Jimmy couldn't resist me, so we had cocoa at Denny's. :)

We had a fun time. It was kind of like we were getting to know each other again. All though, I felt like I was forgetting something the entire time ...LUCAS!

4 comments:

Kennach said...

awww...so sweet! It's almost actually fun to kind of do it all over again. You know, the flirting and giggles...lol It's like you just met again I love it!

aryn said...

Your post inspired us to try it out we loved it! So good!!!

Anonymous said...

I know, isen't it wierd. You love time just the two of you- but on the other hand.... you miss your babies! I guess its just life :)! Glad you had fun...

Emily said...

I am glad that you guys got to spend some quality time together...it really is important...I know that it is really hard to find the time and babysitter. I happy that you two had a great time.

And tell Jimmy that he is the man...I wish I could get my husband into a spa...he would never even get a massage...let alone a manicure. I guess he puts the "man" into manicure. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails