Let the holiday baking begin. I really LOVE baking. Especially during the holidays. I blast the Christmas music, turn on all the decorative lights, take off that wedding ring and get to work. I was in the mood and ready to go yesterday. I deep cleaned the kitchen and cleared some counter space. It was bake time. Unexpectedly, the home teacher pulled up. One thing lead to another, he stayed for an hour and a half, {that should not be allowed} when he left, it was time to make dinner and I was almost late to my basketball game. No baking.
Today, I had a few clients, RE-cleaned the kitchen, got my game face on and turned over my shoulder to find Lucas right on my tail. He wanted to help. (which I expected, but deep down hoped he would miraculously entertain himself) Up on the counter he went, right in the mix of it all. Literally. Lucky for me, he's a little bit of a clean freak. He immediately grabbed the goop in the mixer, pausing to realize that his hands were dirty. If I could paint the picture in words of his facial expression, I would. He does it often and it's a disgust as if the world is coming to an end. I've gotta catch it on camera. So, I handed him a towel to clean his hands off with. Once his hands were clean, he began taking the towel to the inside of the mixing bowl to clean up the bigger mess. :) He eventually discovered that what I was doing was messy and no fun so he scaled the counter tops. He did this for at least 2 hours. Getting into random cupboards, pouring out salt and pepper shakers and repeatedly turning on and off the sink.
Between baking and keeping him from sticking his fingers down the toaster, not much was accomplished. I think he enjoyed himself, but boy did I have a mess to clean up when we were done. I'm not sure what took more time, the baking, or all the cleaning that took place before and after. I'm still not done baking. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment